This vision statement was drafted by the staff, parents and Board of Management of SN Baile Mhic Adaim
1. The School
SN Baile Mhic Adaim is a Catholic school under the patronage of bishop of Kildare & Leighlin.
2. Our Ethos
Cadamstown National School (which is established in connection with the Minister for Education) aims at promoting the full and harmonious development of all aspects of the person of the pupil; intellectual, physical, cultural, moral and spiritual, including a living relationship with God and with other people. The school models and promotes a philosophy of life inspired by belief in God and in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The Catholic school provides Religious education for the pupils in accordance with the doctrines, practices and tradition of the Roman Catholic Church and promotes the formation of the pupils in the Catholic Faith.
It is our aim to nurture the child in all dimensions of his/her life – spiritual, moral, cognitive, emotional, imaginative, aesthetic, social and physical. This we envisage occurring in an atmosphere of mutual respect where all members of the school community feel happy and secure, working in the spirit of encouragement and enthusiasm, while recognising and celebrating diversity.
We promote the active involvement of children in a learning process that is imaginative and stimulating. Our overall vision is to enable children to meet, with self-confidence and assurance, the demands of life, both now and in the future.
Our vision of education can be expressed in the form of three general aims:
- to enable the child to live a full life as a child and to realise his or her potential as a unique individual
- to enable the child to develop as a social being through living and cooperating with others and so contribute to the good of society
- to prepare the child for further education and lifelong learning.
Pupils of other faiths or none:
- Children of any faith or no faith are welcome to the school.
- When parents are enrolling their children, it is emphasised that our school is a Catholic school.
- Each child is welcome to attend and benefit from the Catholic religious education programme. However, if parents have difficulty with the children attending the religious education programme in the class, the teacher will assign another activity to the child during that time.
3. The Staff
We envisage a professional staff that is:
- Committed to supporting the pupils and all who are engaged in their learning and care
- Co-operative, approachable, diligent and tolerant
- Open to new and innovative ideas
- Supported in their efforts to provide the best possible opportunities to their pupils
4. The Parents
We envisage parents who are:
- Supportive of the school
- Committed to and interested in their children’s learning
- Ambitious for their children and who expect high standards in terms of courtesy, respect and achievement from all the school community
- Consulted, communicated with and who feel that their opinions are valued
- Co-operative with the school and communicate their needs to the relevant persons
We envisage parents who:
- Take their responsibilities seriously
- Feel as a body that they have a very important voice in decision-making in the school through the Parents’ Association.
5. The Board of Management
We envisage a board of management that is:
- Supportive and well informed of the work of the school
- Innovative, open and discrete
- Appreciative of the needs of staff and partners and who actively encourage personal and professional development
- Aware of the resources required by staff in order to ensure effective teaching and learning
6. The Pupils:
We envisage pupils who:
- Feel safe, accepted and happy in school
- Feel understood and secure in the knowledge that they are recognised as wonderful individuals
- Are ambitious for themselves and their peers
- Are proud to be pupils of SN Baile Mhic Adaim
- Have a sense of self and cultural identity
7. Roles and Responsibilities
- The Board of Management shall provide resources for this policy
- The teaching staff will deliver the Religious Education & Faith Development Programme
- The staff will work together with the Parish Priest
- Parents will co-operate and support the school with the preparation of children for the sacraments.
8. Timeframe for Review
This policy will be reviewed every two years or sooner in the light of incidents that may arise.
This policy was adopted by the Board of Management at a properly convened meeting
of the Board on 18/9/2012.
Signed: Rev. Fr. Gerard Breen,
Chairperson, Board of Management.
Signed: Paddy Judge,